Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Runnin' Down a Dream...

Short post today. Quick recap: My knee seems OK- a more controlled stride on downhills, as well as running the wrong way on one-way streets, seems to have resolved the problem for the moment. I took an extra day off and started icing afterwards anyway, because a cubit of prevent defense today equals a rod of Schottenheimer tomorrow.

Stats:
Monday: 6 miles
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: 7 miles
Thursday: Rest
Friday: Date Night
Saturday: 16 miles run, 2 miles walked, Sake Bomb
Sunday: Why the %$+#@! didn't we trade Anderson for draft picks?

Inebriation meter:
Friday: 500ml Shiraz, 1 G&T @ Stanton Social= low
Saturday: 450ml warm Sake, 5 beers (approx.) = moderate

I'm not going to waste your time calculating. I think I won this week. Saturday's run was cut somewhat shorter than goal distance due to muscle lock. Prescription is more water. I'm also not going to tell you about Date Night, but if Tiny Tumbler is reading, I had a great time and I hope you're feeling better.

Record: 7-3

It's Soda Popinski week. I think I'll write more about that later. For now, I'll leave you with this.

"There goes the Challenger, being chased by the blue, blue meanies on wheels. The vicious traffic squad cars are after our lone driver, the last American hero, the electric centaur, the demi-god, the super driver of the golden west! Two nasty Nazi cars are close behind the beautiful lone driver. The police numbers are getting closer, closer, closer to our sole hero in his soul mobile - yeah baby! They're about to strike, they're going to kill him, smash him, RAPE... the last beautiful free soul on this planet.

But...

It is written: if the evil spirit arms the tiger with claws, Brahman provideth wings for the dove.
Thus spake the super guru."
Vanishing Point


No comments: