Thursday, September 11, 2008

"My barber didn't know when to quit... Do you?"

In recapping Great Tiger week, I was initially stumped trying to come up with anything to say about this guy. I mean, seriously- he's an Indian boxer, and in the heavyweight division, no less! Last week, I had no idea such a thing as an Indian boxer existed- everyone in India is working at a Dell or Verizon call center these days, as far as I knew. There can't be much time to train in between getting berated by Americans having difficulty with their DSL connections. Additionally, it appears from his pixie image above that he's some sort of tiger hunter or pelt trader, neither of which I'm keen on endorsing in the current political climate. (Off the record, of course, I'm all for human vs. tiger wrestling. Hopefully I'm not alienating my one visitor from Bangalore- come back, buddy! Good stuff here!) Little did I know, had I paid more attention to the travesty that was the Beijing Olympics boxing competition, I'd know that not only does India have a national boxing team, but one of their fighters (Vijender Kumar- good name) won a bronze! Who knew?


His hair is HUGE! Kind of looks like Kumar from the Harold and Kumar movies, doesn't he? Check out Vijender's Wikipedia page- pretty cool story. Anyway- Indiaboxing.org doesn't seem to be the most information-rich site on the planet, but it's nice to know that throughout the world, people get a kick out of punching each other in the face.

On to the bloody-nosed details:
Labor Day Monday: 5 non-impactful beers w/ Petrov
Tuesday: 6 Miles
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: 7.5 miles
Friday: 4.5 miles, 10ish drinks at the Zantop birthday bash
Saturday: Shomer Shabbos
Sunday: 11 miles, 5 beers to drown my sorrows

You'll notice Sunday I didn't do 15. I crossed the Madison Ave. Bridge coming back from the Bronx an had had enough. Pretty hot day Sunday, and I felt it necessary to watch the Browns get pounded by Dallas. This will not become a trend, one way or the other.

Tally:
29 miles run
20 drinks consumed
Verdict: "It's a Liger. It's pretty much my favorite animal."


Overall record: 5-3

Uh-oh. It's...
Bald Bull Week!
I'm a bit concerned, as he and I have similar fighting styles, and similarly misshapen heads. Check back soon to see how it goes...

No comments: